This is your weekly round-up of the latest court news, covering some of the cases heard by the Isle of Wight Combined Court over the past week.
The convicted person’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with UK law.
Week to 12th October 2018
• Aaron Terrance Ford, 29 of Longhalves Lane in Freshwater admitting common assault when he appeared before the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court on Monday. The case was adjourned until 29th October.
• Daniel Jeavons, 26, of Partlands Avenue in Ryde admitted 3 charges of theft, assault and criminal damage at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court on Monday. He received a 12 month community order and was ordered to pay £85 costs with a surcharge of £85.
• Jayzer Wilkie of Pallance Road, Cowes admitted possession with intent to supply a Class B drug when he appeared before the Isle of Wight Crown Court last Thursday (4th Oct). He was given a 12 month prison sentence, suspended for 24 months. He was also ordered to pay £100 in costs.
• Keenan Steven Darren Bradbury, 22, of Carisbrooke Road, Newport admitted causing criminal damage to property valued under £5000 – a Dacia Logan – and being drunk and disorderly in a public place when he appeared before the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court on Tuesday. His case has been adjourned for sentencing to the Crown Court later this month.
• Jason Osbourne, 49, of East Cowes Road in Whippingham admitted driving a motor vehicle when alcohol level above limit at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court on Tuesday.
He was found to have 92 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, exceeded the prescribed limit of 35, contrary to section 5(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.
Osborne was banned from driving for 24 months, received a 12 month community order and was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £85 surcharge.
• Kerry Reynolds, 41, of Albert Street in Ventnor was sentenced to 4 months in prison, suspended for 18 months, after admitting stealing £2,120. She appeared before the Isle of Wight Crown Court last Thursday (4th Oct).
• Carl Preston Taylor, 55, of Pound Lane in Ventnor appeared before the Isle of Wight Crown Court last Friday and received a 2 year prison sentence, suspended for 24 months, for stealing almost £3,000 worth of jewellery. He has been ordered to complete 100 hours of unpaid work and pay £133 in compensation.
• Stacey Williams, 44, of Albert Way in East Cowes was sentenced for assault by beating at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court on Monday. He admitted the offence, which took place in August, on 17th September. He was given a 12 month community order and fined £105. He was also ordered to pay £85 in costs with a £85 surcharge.