Unattended Candle Fire Aftermath. Photo: @ShanklinFire

AFTERMATH INTERNAL PHOTOS: MAN TREATED FOR SMOKE INHALATION AFTER FLAT FIRE IN SHANKLIN

Published at:

The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service are tackling a flat fire at an address in Shanklin this morning (Tuesday).

3 appliances from Shanklin, Sandown and Newport are currently on scene at Grange Road, where crews wearing breathing apparatus have entered a block of flats.

Island Echo is told that 1 person is currently receiving oxygen therapy for the effects of smoke inhalation. All other persons are accounted for.

Article continues below this advertisement

Crews have entered the building to contain and extinguish the fire, which is understood to have been caused by a candle.

UPDATE @ 11:32 – The Isle of Wight Ambulance Service have arrived on scene alongside local Police.

The road remains open at this time.

UPDATE @ 11:45 – It has been confirmed that a candle set fire to curtains and a television, which has now been removed from the property.

Article continues below this advertisement

1 appliance has been stood down from the incident but 2 crews and an officer remain on scene.

Photos shared by Friends of Shanklin Fire Station shows the devastating effects of an unattended candle can have – taken at this incident.

Keep you and your family safe from naked flames. For safety information about candle light safety visit https://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/keeping-safe/loveyourhome/firehazards/candles/.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"
Football Betting Site Betway
 

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets