Appliances from Newport, Shanklin and Ryde are all on scene at Alpine Road, where smoke has filled the basement of the Ward House residential care home.
A total of 3 pumping appliances are on scene, alongside the Incident Command Unit from Newport and the Aerial Ladder Platfrom from Ryde.
The alarm was raised at 09:32.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus have entered the property equipped with hose reel jets and a safety jet.
UPDATE @ 10:20 – It has been confirmed that a faulty light fitting has been identified as the cause of the incident.
The stop message has been relayed back to fire control with crews now making up the appliances before standing down.
No one has been injured.
Alpine Road remains open to traffic under direction.
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.