Published at:

UPDATED: 2 fire appliances from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service are in attendance in Brading this afternoon (Wednesday), where smoke has been reported to be issuing from a tumble dryer.

Crews from Ryde Fire Station and a duty officer are on scene at a residential address in Lower Furlongs. They were called out at around 14:10.

Investigations are underway but it appears the incident is under control.

Article continues below this advertisement

Firefighters who donned breathing apparatus whilst en-route to the incident have thankfully not had to enter the property to fire fight.

UPDATE @ 14:36 – Both appliances have now stood down from the incident and are returning to station.

It has been confirmed to Island Echo that the fire was out on arrival and no action has been taken by fire crews other than thorough inspection.

Fire safety information regarding tumble driers and details of recall notices can be found at


Article continues below this advertisement

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
Football Betting Site Betway

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets