UPDATED: 2 fire appliances from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service are in attendance in Brading this afternoon (Wednesday), where smoke has been reported to be issuing from a tumble dryer.
Crews from Ryde Fire Station and a duty officer are on scene at a residential address in Lower Furlongs. They were called out at around 14:10.
Investigations are underway but it appears the incident is under control.
Firefighters who donned breathing apparatus whilst en-route to the incident have thankfully not had to enter the property to fire fight.
UPDATE @ 14:36 – Both appliances have now stood down from the incident and are returning to station.
It has been confirmed to Island Echo that the fire was out on arrival and no action has been taken by fire crews other than thorough inspection.
Fire safety information regarding tumble driers and details of recall notices can be found at https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/guidance/product-safety/tumble-dryers/