Pita Pizzas, New Potatoes and Salad
As the sun comes out across the Island this week, why not cook yourself a light summer dish with this easy-to-follow recipe, with plenty of optional extras.
– 4 Wholemeal Pita Breads – 4 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
– 10 Cherry Tomatoes – Mozzarella Cheese
– Chedder Cheese – Garlic Salt
– Oregano – Mushroom
– Red, Yellow and Green Pepper – Red Onion
– Tin of Sweetcorn – 1/4 Cucumber
– Bag of Salad – Bag new potatoes
1. Lay the pitas out on a baking tray, with the bottom facing up.
2. Spead 1 tablespoon of tomato puree over each bottom.
3. Sprinkle oregano and garlic salt over.
4. Grate the chedder over the 4 pitas.
5. Chop up tomatoes, peppers, onion and mushroom into small pieces and place ontop of the cheese.
6. Open the tin of sweetcorn and add that to the pita’s as well as the mozzarella.
7. Put a pan of water on and when boiled chop the new potatoes up and add to the boiling water for 20 minutes.
8. After 5 minutes of the potatoes being on cook the pita’s on gas mark 4 for 12 – 15minutes.
9. Wash the salad, and put a small handful on each plate.
10. Place any left over mini tomatoes beside it.
11. Cut the cucumbers into sticks and add to the plate.
12. When the potatoes are ready, remove water and add butter.
13. Take the pita’s out of the oven and place on plate along with the salad and potatoes.
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.