Breaking News

BURNT TOAST CAUSES MID MORNING PANIC

FIRE crews were called to Sandown this morning following reports of smoke coming from a lift shaft.

A 999 call was made at 09:39 from Sandown Hotel, Culver Parade after guests saw smoke escaping from the lift shaft.

The building was evacuated safely by members of staff.

Article continues below this advertisement

Two pumping appliances from Ryde and Sandown, as well as the turntable ladder rushed to the scene, where it was discovered burnt toast was to blame for the call out.

Guests and staff were allowed to return to the building and fire crews left the scene shortly after 10:00.


Do you follow Island Echo on Facebook?
Get access to exclusive news, photos, videos and merchandise by becoming a supporter through Facebook Subscriptions! Find out more at https://www.facebook.com/becomesupporter/309220432954/

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets