The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service have attended 2 seperate incidents this evening (Tuesday) – 1 in Sandown and 1 in Ryde.
2 appliances and an officer were mobilised to a flat on High Street, Sandown at around 17:30 where it was discovered a pan had been left on the stove.
Around 60 minutes later, an elderly lady at an address in Seldon Avenue, Ryde alerted the fire service to a potential fire at her home.
2 appliances from Ryde and an officer were mobilised to the scene off Appley Road, but it was soon discovered that there was no fire. It’s thought the smell of a nearby bonfire sparked the alert.
Firefighters installed smoke detectors and double checked the property.
• Don’t forget to Like us on Facebook to keep notified of the latest Isle of Wight news as it happens…