Terms and Conditions & Disclaimer – July 2014
By accessing this website (www.islandecho.co.uk/ www.islandecho.uk / www.iwnews.co.uk known from herein as ‘The Site’) you agree to be legally bound by these terms set out. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use The Site. This is effective from your first visit.
- The content on The Site may offend some readers and may not be suitable for those under the age of 16. Photographs of a sensitive or disturbing nature can at times be published by Island Echo on The Site and are viewable from the outset.
- Island Echo cannot hold any responsibility for editorial errors from information received from third-parties, however all efforts are made to ensure the information published is accurate. Due to the fast-paced nature of the stories published, errors can sometimes be made when a story is still ‘breaking’ but Island Echo will always endeavour to correct any mistakes as soon as possible. By continuing to view this website you agree that you are happy to view this content on The Site.
- Island Echo offers a free service to readers. No charge is made by accessing the website however should this change, notice will be given with an opt-in format.
- You may not copy, reproduce or republish The Site or its content in any way except for your own personal and non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of The Site’s content for any purpose.
- You agree to use The Site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of The Site. Prohibited behaviour includes disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within The Site including DDOS attacks.
- Island Echo will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of The Site and any other website hosted and controlled by Island Echo, such as www.iwnews.co.uk. Island Echo does not warrant that functions contained in The Site content will be uninterrupted or error free or that The Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Every effort is made to provide a secure and safe browsing experience for all visitors.
- Island Echo reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue The Site with or without notice and shall not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service
- Selected photographs display on The Site are subject to copyright of Island Echo and therefore must not be replicated in any way for any purpose. Permission should always be sought before copying, downloading or using any photograph or image.
- By making a contribution to the website in any form, you agree to grant Island Echo a perpetual, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to distribute said contribution to third parties. Should a fee be gained by Island Echo, a minimum payment of 10% of the total amount will be paid to the contributor should this be requested by the contributor. Any contributions made to The Site/Island Echo should be original work and you have the right to make it available to Island Echo. Any contributions should not be defamatory and should not infringe any law. By contributing any work to Island Echo, you agree to indemnify Island Echo against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Island Echo as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on The Site and the purposes specified above.