Roadworks set to be carried out in Brading next week are to cause major disruption to travel between Ryde and Sandown.
Part of the busy A3055 High Street, near to the former Wax Works building, will be closed between Monday and Thursday to allow Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE) to lay cabling to a new development in the area.
Southern Vectis will be running a shuttle bus service between Ryde Bus Station and Tesco, with Routes 2 + 3 departing from Tesco at their normal time, however diverting via St Helens and Bembridge to Brading, then continuing a normal service to Sandown and beyond.
Vectis Blue school buses will also be effected by the closure.
• Route 105 will start from and finish at Brading Bull Ring as normal.
• Routes 307 and 314 will divert from St Helens via Bembridge to rejoin normal route at Yarbridge junction and vice-versa. Students who normally use 307 or 314 from Brading / Carpenters Road will be accommodated by a revised route 308
• Route 308 — one vehicle to start at Brading Church car park at 7.40am and operate via A3055 and Carpenters Road to rejoin and continue normal route at St Helens Station Road at 7.47am. This is designed to accommodate Route 307 or 314 students from Brading / Carpenters Road. One vehicle on 308 will extend in the afternoon to Brading via Carpenters Road.
• Route 412 – this route will start AM / finish PM at Brading Church car park. Bull Ring won’t be served and those students will need to walk to Brading Church car park.
• SEN 1 – Appropriate arrangements have been made for students using this service.
Do you follow Island Echo on Facebook?
Get access to exclusive news, photos, videos and merchandise by becoming a supporter through Facebook Subscriptions! Find out more at https://www.facebook.com/becomesupporter/309220432954/