843ef22d26427230af5ad76b3991dc9f

FIREFIGHTERS RESPOND TO SMALL ELECTRICAL FIRE AT YACHT CLUB IN COWES

A small electrical fire at a yacht club in Cowes has led to an emergency response from fire crews tonight (Friday).

3 appliances from Newport and Cowes were mobilised by Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service to the Royal Corinthian Yacht Club on Castle Hill/The Parade at just gone 21:00.

Retained firefighters from Cowes were first on scene, discovering that the club’s smoke alarms had successfully activated as a result of an electrical fire within the intake room.

Article continues below this advertisement

Immediate action was taken to resolve the issue, with the incident being quickly stood down by 21:30.

All appliances have now returned to station.

Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
 

Join our daily newsletter