The stories we publish often spark conversation amongst readers, which is enabled through our commenting system. However, there are some basic rules that must be followed to make sure the website remains enjoyable for all users.
Please note: as of February 2021 a number of changes have been made to the comments system. You can now only post a maximum of 4 comments per story. Furthermore, changes have been made to the moderation system.
Users who continue to troll this website and use the comment system for political purposes will be IP banned from the website.
• The views/opinions expressed in comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo.
• Pseudonym names are permitted but a real email address must be provided. Any comments that are deemed to be unattributable to a real individual will be removed.
• Abusive or threatening language will not be tolerated under any circumstance and any comments will be removed.
• Island Echo reserves the right to remove any comments, without notice, that are deemed to be defamatory or otherwise legally challenging, or unrelated to the article, or contain commercial links, or do not meet the needs of Island Echo as a business which includes unfair criticism.
• Commenting will remain open for all stories on the website – including breaking news incidents – but may be restricted where there is a legal or other reason to do so, as determined by the Editor.
Our moderation team do not work 24 hours a day. Comments will be removed at the earliest opportunity.
The use of international IPs to mask one’s true location is not permitted.
By submitting a comment on the Island Echo website you agree to abide by these house rules.
Last updated February 2021