The stories we publish often spark conversation amongst readers, which is enabled through our commenting system. However, there are some basic rules that must be followed to make sure the website remains enjoyable for all users.
• The views/opinions expressed in comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo.
• Pseudonym names are permitted but a real email address must be provided. Any comments that are deemed to be unattributable to a real individual will be removed.
• Abusive or threatening language will not be tolerated under any circumstance and any comments will be removed – at the discretion of the editor. The use of foul language will not in an automatic removal of the comment.
• Island Echo reserves the right to remove any comments, without notice, that are deemed to be defamatory or otherwise legally challenging, or unrelated to the article, or contain commercial links, or do not meet the needs of Island Echo as a business which includes unfair criticism.
• Commenting will remain open for all stories on the website – including breaking news incidents – but may be restricted where there is a legal reason to do so, as determined by the Editor.
By submitting a comment on the Island Echo website you agree to abide by these house rules.
Last updated March 2019