Ed2141ce-936d-4789-ab4c-9c31a85f83c4

4 PERSONS THROWN INTO THE WATER AFTER DINGHY CAPSIZES AT FRESHWATER

4 people were thrown into the water when their dinghy capsized at Freshwater Bay this evening (Sunday), which prompted the launch of an independent lifeboat.

Solent Coastguard paged the volunteer crew of Freshwater Independent Lifeboat at 18:26 following reports of an upturned dinghy just outside of Freshwater Bay.

Upon arriving at the boathouse, it became clear to the responding crew that the vessel had capsized leaving 4 persons in the water just south of Freshwater Bay.

After a swift launch, the D Class lifeboat made its way around Stag Rock where the casualty’s had managed to right the vessel and row into Butterfly Bay.

Members of the lifeboat’s shore crew proceeded on foot to Butterfly Bay to assist the casualties and get them back round to the safety of Freshwater Bay.

The 4 individuals were met by The Needles Coastguard Rescue Team for further assessment.

Casualty care assessments took place before being sent on their way safe and well.

guest
Paul the Builder
Paul the Builder
2 days ago

Great to see the Freshwater Lifeboat doing a grand job.

Boppy
Boppy
2 days ago

Waiting for triggered comments from the usual headbangers.

Jay Firth
Jay Firth
Reply to  Boppy
1 day ago

ilegal boat taxi service innit

Sloop John B.
Sloop John B.
2 days ago

They’re probably been all drinking at the dreaded beer bus before setting sail.

I’m talking about the RNLI crew and not the sailers.

Peter
Peter
Reply to  Sloop John B.
1 day ago

Discounts for the crew.

They are Independent, not RNLI

Badger_Man_0121
Badger_Man_0121
Reply to  Sloop John B.
1 day ago

I am a frequent visitor of these fantastic RNLI stations across the country, many have pubs, restaurants , bars, cafes in the near vicinity?

I once visited the Freshwater Station and must say what an amazing place the “dreaded beer bus” was, it was a great community spirit which i guess your not a part of? Maybe you should support these local establishments some time when visiting the island rather than slandering them online. The Albion is also a great local spot if you haven’t tried it.

Cheers
BM

Sloop John B.
Sloop John B.
Reply to  Badger_Man_0121
21 hours ago

What makes you think that I just holiday here.? I’m not a grockle.!

The Albion is a great spot, I know this because I worked on the renovations for several months. It was an eyesore for years and has been transformed by a great team.

That is real community spirit and something to be proud of, mind you we all got paid for it so it might have just been down to getting the money…

As for the RNLI as another person has pointed out, it is a free taxi service. That is not community spirit.

Badger_Man_0121
Badger_Man_0121
Reply to  Sloop John B.
17 hours ago

My assumption was based on the fact that you appear to have such a dislike with local community’s having enjoyment by the sea, as do you assume that every RNLI crew member is an alcoholic do you live locally? Do you know the individuals?

What is your issue with saving lives at sea and its relation to your issue with the beer bus?

If I remember correctly when last visiting the area I was greeted by a friendly group of builders from the Albion and also the manger who had frequented the beer bus?

What is the issue?

I have only heard positive things?

Sloop John B.
Sloop John B.
Reply to  Badger_Man_0121
16 hours ago

My friends live nearby and the noise from the beer bus has forced them to now look at moving from the area. An area they loved. We all used to enjoy sitting in their garden having peace and quiet by the seaside but no more with the noise of the drinkers and the sea shanty singing during open mic sessions day and night. They were never asked if they minded having a disco installed nearby, it just turned up.

The RNLI are not just saving lives at sea, they are a free taxi service bringing unwanted guests to our shores, that’s to your shores too if you had not realised.

I have never frequented the beer bus, I prefer the Waterfront and now the Albion. It is a better class of people and the times I go there it’s quieter.